September 7, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist - Jen of All Things Ribbon


It's amazing that even in the great big internet world you can come across something or someone particular again and again and it seems that Jen of All Things Ribbon is one of these people for me. I have seen her gorgeous bows, clips, headbands and dresses pop up in all kinds of places and when Jen agreed to be featured here on Giggleberry I was thrilled - and had a blast floating through her website trying to choose pictures to use.....

Tell us all about yourself and your craft?
I am a SAHM/WAHM with 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys. Being a Mom is by far my greatest accomplishment. We home educate & I love being a part of their education. We live in "small town" USA and we are surrounded by nature. In our house we have 2 pianos, 1 flute, 1 piccolo, 1 alto saxophone, 1 clarinet, 4 violins 3 penny whistles and a marimba, never too quiet around here but almost too much fun. I love making bows, even when I have to do it into the morning hours, I love new ribbon and the challenge of creating new and unique designs.

How long have you been creating your craft?
Allthingsribbon is only 6 months old, I originally started with a different company name 8 years ago "bowsnthings" and have officially been making and selling hair wear for over 14 years.


What is one of the biggest lesson you have learnt about your craft & selling it?
One of the biggest lessons I have learned I think is patience, believe it or not, especially with a new website, it is like having a store front in the middle of no where and there is a lot to do on the marketing end.


Which of your items did you have the most fun creating & why?
I had a lot of fun creating our froggy loves pink headband set, it is such a cute set and the name makes me smile. I have a fun creating the korker flowers, in the summer my teenage daughter works with me and we do these together, she also runs the etsy side of our business and her shop is called mandikinzklipz.


Is there a basic 'household' item you use when creating that seems to work just as good if not better than the actual 'tool'?
I do not think I can call this a basic household item heehee but I use a power drill-my husbands! I use it to make my korker ribbon and to roll my ribbon.


What is your favourite candy bar & why?
Favorite candy bar TWIX I love chocolate and caramel, the cookie crunch is a bonus!



If money, responsibilities, and time were no issues where in the great wide world would you go & why?
If I could go anywhere I would love to visit Jane Austen's England, I am a big Jane Austen fan/reader and I would love to see that part of the world.

Thank you to Jen for letting us in on her life a little! Pop in to her shop at www.allthingsribbon.com say hi and take a look at her HUGE collection of stunning handmade boutique accessories and matching dresses. You can even sign up to receive promotional offers and coupons exclusive to All Things Ribbon mailing list customers!

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great!!! Congratulations!!!