September 30, 2008

THANK YOU!! - 53 sleeps to go!


The generosity and kindness of people never ceases to amaze me. From the smallest smile given by a passing 'stranger' on the street to a completely selfless act of donation.
I wanted to write a quick post to say a HUGE thank you to Amy (great name BTW hehehe) the amazing mum behind New England Quilter on etsy. Just this morning I had a knock on the door from the mail man delivering 2 yards of gorgeous Autism Awareness puzzle print fabric all the way from the states to me in Sydney, Australia.


I put out a request a little while ago for any scraps or pieces of this fabric to possibly be donated to me to turn into Giggleberry banners. I plan to use them to decorate the event room at the fundraiser Masquerade Ball my family with two others are hosting in November in aid of our three Autistic children - one of them being my daughter. I have been searching for this fabric for a while now and just can't seem to find it but with the 2 yards Amy has so willingly and generously donated I can easily make plenty of flags and make our night a great, and appropriately decorated event not to be missed.


THANK YOU again Amy!!!

If you would like more information on how you can help make this night a great success take a look HERE or click the photo of my daughter, Felicity, on the top right hand corner of this blog - thank you!

2 comments:

Momma J said...

Way to go Amy!

New England Quilter said...

I can't wait to see the beautiful decorations you create! I wish that I lived closer so that I could attend your Masquerade Ball! Good luck with all of the preparations!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/