August 3, 2010

The perfect handmade Cubby Sign

My lucky babies are about to gain one very AWESOME cubby play house in our new back yard.
I had a cubby house when I was a kid and I loved it... many hours were spent playing 'mum's and dad's', shops, schools, anything my sisters and brother came up with. But our cubby didn't have a veranda, it wasn't up on stilts, it didn't have a slide or a cargo net or a steering wheel let alone binoculars.
The cubby house we have in our new house DOES have all these trimmings!! Yay!

(not a great pic, but the best I have until we move)


So of course this amazing cubby need a sign of some sort... but what??

For the bargain price of $1.00 Mia Nolting has solved my sign hunt problem. Mia says herself "I went to art school and learned how to draw letters." and now she is happy to write the word or name of your choice on a sidewalk and then take a photo and email it to you (check out a few examples HERE)

This is the image that just arrived in my inbox:


PERFECT! I will have this printed onto canvas and it will hang proudly above the doorway of our fabulous cubby house!
Thanks Mia xx
Giggle

3 comments:

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

what lucky kids! That cubby house sounds fantastic! We have one out the back that kids use often. However, the back wall of the cubby house is actually the neighbours garage wall. Guess who wants to rebuild their garage.....!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I bet they are so excited!!

Photography said...

I'd love a cubby at our house :-) Always wanted one as a child too :-)