February 11, 2010

Wedding's with Giggleberry...

I was recently contacted to do some custom bunting banners for a wedding. The bride, Amber, was kind enough to share with me this 'colour palette' that was being used for the wedding so I could find the perfect selection of fabrics to match.


I also got to see these gorgeous wedding invites - I LOVE how the guests are invited to celebrate "A Sweet Day In May", the invite tells the guests where and when the wedding will be held and ends with the line "Dinner, Dancing & Eternity to follow" - so unique!


I took a trip to my favorite fabric shop and found some wonderful fabrics in a mix of the mocha, mint, cantaloupe and coral that Amber asked for and got the three bunting banners all made up.



Amber tells me "The buntings will be displayed along a long trestle table outside the church with wooden crates filled with old fashioned soft drinks and popcorn". Doesn't this wedding sound just divine?!

It seems love is in the air at the moment as I have also sold some bunting to Bride to be, Kristie. Kristie sent me her 'ideas board' for wedding ceremony, telling me she was "keeping it relatively simple, teal is the main colour".

As you can see in the 'ideas board' Kristie was after the bunting banner made with Amy Butler's Belle Collection fabrics in the 'Spruce' colour.


Kristie told me this banner is "just the right length to go across the back, behind the celebrant, on the fence".... I hope I get to see (and share) some photos from this wedding!
Speaking of sharing photos from weddings... just this morning, I received some snaps of a wedding from last November. The bride, Alison, works at my local fabric shop and asked me, one day when I was in buying more fabrics (a slight addiction I have), if I could make her a bunting banner in the mint and lavender of her bridesmaid dresses. I got sewing and came up with this sweet banner for the spring wedding.


Alison hadn't decided on where she was going to hang the banner at the time she ordered it but said she loved the idea of bunting for a wedding and she would find the perfect spot for it.




Thanks to these photos I was able to see that Alison loved the banner so much she used it in the entry way of the wedding marquee! Gorgeous!

1 comment:

Julie-Ann said...

Gorgeous colours and a new market for your beautiful buntings:)