January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day

A public holiday is always a great excuse to get together with family and friends so I thought I'd take it one step further. With today being Australia Day I took the excuse to have a blue, red & white Australian flag themed BBQ lunch.
It started when I spotted these Australian flag paper lanterns from Moonlight & Whimsy


So I made a few tissue paper pom poms to hang with it then found some Australia flag themed table decor like the plastic table cloths, serviettes, cups and the plastic pin wheels that I found on ebay for an absolute bargain!



I couldn't believe my luck when I also found this Australia ribbon on ebay - I bought it not knowing exactly what I would do with it but am pretty pleased with the straw flags and lollie jar ties I used it for in the end.



Then with a pair of good old Aussie flip flops with a bit of flair hanging on the front door to welcome guests our house was ready.


And no Aussie Day is complete without a pavlova (the cake pops might not be too 'typically Aussie' but they were a hit with the kids)


Hope you all had a lovely day and were able to stay out of the heat!
Giggles

6 comments:

Tiges and Weince said...

Oh Amy you do have it bad with party themes & decorating. It looks fabulous.

Lakshmi said...

amy, you should have been an event planner ! It isn't too late to reconsider ..hehehe..nice job with pulling it all together :)

LittleBigCompany said...

what did you finally use to hang the pom poms? 3D or command..?
love all the finds and the australia ribbon!

Jane (and Lou) said...

Amy, this is just FAB - we are so lucky to live in Aus and I'm loving this new display of Aussie patriotism. You are so very clever, I just love visiting your blog:) Jane (http://louandjane.blogspot.com/)

babygalah said...

LOVE it !!! I love how you just "throw together" a gorgeous party! Hope you had a great day, Dee x

Moonlight and Whimsy said...

Happy Australia Day Amy! The lantern looked FABULOUS darling! Love love love your work! :) xo