June 14, 2010

Bon Voyage!

Two of my close girlfriends are about to head off overseas! One is taking her first international holiday and heading round the words for a few weeks, the other friend is moving to Manchester for at least 12 months - lucky ducks!
On the weekend just gone a handful of our friends got together over a casual lunch to say Bon Voyage and wish them well. So I thought it would be a bit of fun to take along some yummy travel themed sweets.


I made some airplane and globe shaped cookies and also made a few cupcakes that I placed in wrappers I made from old atlas pages and poked in some cupcake toppers I made using THESE printable traveler's party circles. For a bit of extra fun I used my little girls mini suitcase to serve them in - very cute!
I had also spotted a little while ago some gorgeous sewn paper cards made with old atlas pages by Moonmum so grabbed one to write a little farewell note to each of the travelers.


The Traveler's printable party circles by Paper and Pigtails
Sewn Atlas Paper Cards by Moonmum
Mini Suitcase in green from Little Styles
Airplane and round/globe cookie cutters from Little Betsy Baker

It all went together so well and was a great talking point at the end of our meal.
Giggle

4 comments:

Lou said...

Very nice once again Amy. Lou.

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Oh my goodness! You are fantastic at celebrating! I LOVE all of them, but particularly the creative cupcake wrappers! now i want some of my friends to go away so that i can use some of your ideas......oh, that sounds really bad, sorry friends, i don't really want you to go away, i just love these ideas!

Jen said...

I love the little 'world' cookies, fabulous! Manchester for a year, now that is something I could definately do ;)!!!!

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love it! The traveler template is fantastic. How do you find all these great freebie sites? I would love to see you post a list of your favorite printable template resources.
From Bali With Love, Anna
http://annaelizabethpoole.blogspot.com/