April 2, 2012

Fabric Scrap Easter Bunny Wreath - DIY

With a rush of blood to the head yesterday I decided to make an Easter decoration for our front door... You all know I love a good wreath :)


So with 2 wire hangers, some duct tape, extra wire I had in my cupboard and a little muscle I twisted, snipped and pulled until I had a cute bunny outline frame. Sorry I have no pics of the process - I was having too much fun!!


Next was the perfect chance to use up some fabric scraps from my sewing room. I picked out a selection of pastel fabrics and some left over Easter egg fabric then went about cutting HEAPS of little strips of fabric about 4-5 inches long and 1 inch wide.


Then it was just a matter of tying all the strips onto the wire bunny frame one at a time, this is time consuming but with my little guy snoozing off a cold and some music playing in the background the time passed faster than I thought it would.
I like the rough fraying edges of the fabric after being handled - kinda a rustic look about it.


One large and pretty bow around his neck to finish it off and I'm pretty pleased with the end result - one cute fluffy looking bunny to greet people at our door over Easter!! Yay!!


Giggles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE...:)