I can't believe it.... after I hit 'publish' for my last entry I noticed it was my 99th post meaning I was just about to hit the 100 mark without even noticing - life must be busy!!
So I had to sit and think... what would I write about for my milestone post?? would it be deep and meaningful?? would it have anything to do with handmade items?? or if it would even matter at all what I chose to write about for my 100th blog post?? which is when I had my light bulb moment......
I would share with you all a bunch of silly facts with 100 in them somewhere - so sit back, get comfy, relax and enjoy these facts that will probably do nothing at all but give you an excuse to stop whatever it was you were thinking about or doing while you read through them....
* On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
* There are 100 million internet users in China. Some of the sites they can't access are BBC news, Amnesty International and Dalailama.com.
* If the entire population of earth was reduced to exactly 100 people,50% of the world's currency would be held by 6 people.
* A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
* If you add up the numbers 1-100 consecutively (1+2+3+4+5 etc) the total is 5050.
* About 10 out of a 100 parrots learn to talk.
* A cup of coffee contains about 100 - 150 milligrams of caffeine.
* An avalanche can make snow travel up to the speed of 100 miles per hour.
* When you sneeze, air and particles travel through the nostrils at speeds over100 mph. During this time, all bodily functions stop, including your heart, contributing to the impossibility of keeping one's eyes open during a sneeze.
* Larry Lewis ran the 100-yard dash in 17.8 seconds in 1969, thereby setting a new world's record for runners in the 100-years-or-older class. He was 101.
* Back in the mid to late ’80s, an IBM compatible computer wasn’t considered 100% compatible unless it could run Microsoft’s Flight Simulator.
* The first one-hundred digits of pie are: 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939
* Cats have over 100 vocal sounds, dogs only have 10
* A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
* What do 100% of all lottery winners do? Gain weight.
* If you counted at the rate of 100 numbers a minute and kept counting for eight hours a day, five days a week, it would take a little over 4 weeks to count to one million and just over 80 years to reach one billion.
Now aren't you glad you popped into this blog and saw all these?? LOL!! Do you know any useless facts like these with 100 in them somewhere that you can share??? leave me a comment and I be sure to read them all as you have sat through mine.... Have a great day and be sure to pop back for my 101st post....