September 29, 2008

Weekly Featured Artist - Teresa of Mimi and Reese


I love the opening line in Mimi and Reese's shop "Welcome to Mimi and Reese where you can always find something fun, functional, and fabulous" - it just makes me want to take a look at all her gorgeous items. Thank you Theresa for being this weeks Featured Artist!

Tell us all about yourself and your craft?
I Make Happy Day Bags. They are canvas bags with bright designs on the front and lots of ribbon. I have holiday bags that a ready made, but I really love to make custom bags with names, initials, and numbers.

How long have you been creating your craft?
I started over the summer when my daughter was home from school. She is super crafty and my partner in crime.


What is one of the biggest lesson you have learnt about your craft & selling it?
It has taken a huge box of trials and mistakes to produce a product that I'm happy with.

Which of your items did you have the most fun creating & why?
I love to make bags for my friends and family because I get to see them carrying their bags around full of their special stuff.


Is there a basic ‘household’ item you use when creating that seems to work just as good if not better than the actual ‘tool’?
No, but I am not good with directions. I usually have my own way of doing things. Sometimes my plan works, and sometimes my husband comes home and has to remind me of the directions included.

What is your favourite candy bar & why?
Zero bar. I love white chocolate! My older brother does too, and when you are seven years younger than your closest sibling, you can become a big copycat.


If money, responsibilities, and time were no issues where in the great wide world would you go & why?
I feel limited right now because my kids are getting a great public education where we live, but I would love to move to the mountains one day. My daughter and husband are planning a trip to India one day. They are India crazy right now.

Every one needs a bag to carry something in so why not have a unique one custom made just for you?? head to www.mimandreese.etsy.com and check out Teresa's shop where you will find all kinds of totes and some great ones just in time for Halloween too. You will also find aprons, bulletin boards and tweeny hair bows!

3 comments:

New England Quilter said...

I love the mother and daughter team! Fun feature!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a lovely shop! I also love your new background, Aqua Poppy Designs has some great backgrounds!

=) melanie

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I'm so glad that you stopped by LWS! You have such a cute shoppe and your banners are fabulous.