September 17, 2012

I did it!!!!!

Half Marathon - DONE!

There has been a rather large smile on my face since crossing the finish line at the stairs of the Opera House yesterday morning.
What a blast! I was aiming to finish the 21.1km Half Marathon course around the 2hr mark so my finish time of 2hrs 3mins 34secs is absolutely fine with me!
I managed to snap a pic at the start of the race as we crossed the Harbour Bridge but then tucked my phone away again and got down to business.

The course is a spectacular one to run, with some awesome views and Sydney's weather yesterday was stunning which made the whole experience fabulous!
Thanks to my father in law who came along to see my sister in law and I at the finish line. He snapped some pics while he was there for memories sake but they are only just a taste of how awesome it was to be a part of the race.
I'll be back next year - I just have to decide if I will be lining up for the Half or the Full Marathon...


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to those gorgeous people who sponsored my run in support of my step daughter Felicity - You are STARS!!!!!!
Giggles

2 comments:

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Well done Amy - congratulations!

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Way to , Amy! So glad it went well!
so Elizabeth