November 27, 2010

Rainbow of Ribbons Party Pics!!

What a fun day!! From the 5:00am wake up call by the excited birthday girl until the last guest left our home after the party we all had a fabulous day!


Decorations: Ribbon chandelier hung on our letter box and the rainbow ribbon wreath on our front door welcomed party guests. A rainbow selection of Giggleberry ribbon garlands hung on the front of the food table and clear baubles from HERE filled with ribbon sat in a rainbow on the table.




Mini Candy Buffet: I had never done a candy buffet before but had a ball with this and now I want to do more!! A selection of Skittles, Sour rainbow straps, Twizzlers and gold chocolate coins gave a fun and colourful sweet splash to the party. A HUGE thanks to Cake Ink for the awesome custom printables that matched perfectly with the Cake Ink designed party invites. One of the custom printables was a little sign I hung above the mini candy buffet that read:
Little Miss Milla is turning 3
where rainbows and ribbons meet.
So help us celebrate this special day,
and enjoy a sweet rainbow treat.

I also decided to be a bit different and took the circle printables that are usually used for cupcake toppers and sewed them into a garland to hang on the front of the buffet table and on the box stand the sour straps are on.





Food Table: We just had a nice and simple BBQ and salad lunch so the food was easy to think about. For the kids drinks I wrapped pop top juice bottles in more gorgeous prinatbles from Cake Ink. With a little bit of string I tied the matching printable thankyou tags onto the ribbon wands from Pinwheels and Pearls and had them in a vase on the table for decoration until the end of the party when each of the kids got to take a ribbon wand home. Behind the table I hung a ribbon curtain I made - simple but effective I thought.


The Cake: I know, I know you would of all liked me to have done one of the simply amazing rainbow layer cakes but I wanted to be different so I still went with the layers but made two of the layers a 'rainbow sprinkles layer'. I just mixed a pack of rainbow choc chip sprinkles into the batter before baking so when the cake was cut there were little rainbow specs all through 2 of the layers. I stuck to the ribbon theme by turning the cake into a maypole cake. And thanks to Janelle from Cake Ink I was able to track down the ribbon cake stand that I absolutley ADORE from Tracey Lau - I LOVE it!! I also made some little cupcakes which I decorated like mini rainbows on clouds but forgot to take a photo of them... you can just see them in the bottom corner of this pic:




After the cutting and eating the cake I thought it was the perfect time to slow the kids down a little so we all stood around my dining table and made a Ribbon Rainbow Artwork... most of the kids stayed with the craft and enjoyed themselves and were excited to be taking their craft home too!

All in all it was one rather fun and memorable day! And I think Miss Milla will be having a nice slow day tomorrow to recover from all the action.
Happy birthday my baby girl!! The last 3 yrs have been a giggle a minute and I've loved it all!!
Giggles

10 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

Super Cute! Looks like little Milla had a wonderful day! I just love the rainbow cupcakes!

Red Letter Studio said...

awesome Amy!!!! looks so fun, happy birthday Milla! she looked beautiful in her party outfit - awesome!!! thanks so much for sharing ;)

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

all looks gorgeously colorful and it sounds like you (and of course Milla) had lots of fun! I love the maypole cake idea - simple yet gorgeous.

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

It all looks gorgeous!

Tracey Lau said...

It all came together perfectly Amy and looks like loads of fun. Happy Birthday sweet Milla, may the rainbows in your life be forever bright and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is the GREATEST party EVER ! Ok, maybe second best after your library themed party! Love it all !!!

Maxabella said...

FABULOUS party. It looks like a story book. Lucky little Milla. x

That Cute Little Cake said...

Hi
I have just featured your beautiful party on my blog here http://thatcutelittlecake.blogspot.com/2011/01/rainbow-party-inspiration-3.html
Thanks a lot for sharing your colourful pictures.

Maxabella said...

You're clearly just a natural. The ribbons over the cake is stunning. The whole party looks a treat. x

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous gorgeous party. I was wondering where you found your rainbow napkins and plates. Also where did you find all the different coloured twizzlers and the rainbow straps. Thanks for your wonderful inspiration.