March 18, 2010

Birthdays with Bunting

I am in LOVE with party planning at the moment! After planning my boy's 1st birthday Pirate Party (see HERE) I came across so many great party blogs that I just had to start following that are now a daily read (actually a nightly read... after the kids are in bed, sewing is done, emails are answered etc etc etc)
In my floating through party blogs my eyes are always drawn to anything bunting and I just LOVE the many, many ways people use the festive decoration. With all these great idea rolled into one you could have a bunting themed birthday party!


If you are having a party you always need to start with the invites. How about these from Sambellina


This cake is from a fun blue and green dinosaur party by Little Lovely. Such a simple but so effect way to decorate a birthday cake and by changing the colours of the 'flags' you can make it work for what ever your party colour palette is.


Bunting is always a winner hanging behind the cake table just like with this Candy Shoppe Wedding Party by Red Robin Studio


And of course you'll need a party outfit for the birthday boy or girl! (sorry, I totally forgot to keep the link to this item - whoops!... I found it on esty if that's any help...)


With the party all organised you'll need to think about the gifts and cards like this cutie... Check out the DIY instructions HERE

And don't forget the best decoration... some Giggleberry fabric bunting banners! Such a great splash of fun for a party that can be used year after year!
Giggle

2 comments:

Cake Ink. said...

Wow, so effective! Love the pirate themed party pics...I may just have something in the pipeline you may like... stay tuned =)

Mommyto3andahusky said...

Hey! Gave you an award on my blog! :) I am doing a post on my banner this week too! :)