January 13, 2010

Sweet Mint & Lavender

I know I've said it before but I will say it again: I love custom orders! I love seeing the colours/patterns/themed fabrics customers ask for come together into a bunting banner.
My latest custom order was from Nicole, Editor of Mom Trends Blog, who was after a banner made with mint and lavender coloured fabrics for her daughter. Nicole sent me this image to show me the colour scheme she was after and then let me go fabric shopping!


I found some very sweet paisley fabrics in both the lavender and mint and decided the banner needed a little touch of white too so matched a small lavender polka dot on white fabric with them. What do you think?


I was so very excited to know another little girl, apart from mine, had a bedroom decorated in lavender and green so thought I'd snap a few shots of my daughters room to share with you all.





Her bed fits perfectly between two white built-in cupboards and has a small shelf above it where I have put (for now) 3 artworks custom made by the amazing Belinda of Moonmum on Etsy. I have matted and framed the sewn artworks in bright white frames and LOVE how they turned out. I made the button bouquet (tutorial HERE) with buttons in darker tones of the purples and greens for some fun and of course she has her own set of Giggleberry bunting hanging above her bed too :)


Giggle

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

Beautiful!! love these shades together!

Jade Franchina said...

Your daughters room looks absolutely gorgeous Amy. You do an amazing job! Will definitely be ordering some bunting for my girls rooms. :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Beautiful! Your daughter's room is so pretty!

belinda.moonmum said...

Oh it's so nice to see my pictures in their new home... Was a pleasure to make them and they look fastastic all framed up in that gorgeous room. Thank you!